Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter Vacation

Today was the last day of school for this calendar year!! A two week winter break to celebrate Christmas and spend time together.

My mind drifts back to a carefree time in my youth when Christmas break was such a warm and exciting time. The celebrations, family gatherings, long days at home just to play and read. The remembrance of what gifts I received, if they fit or not or what they cost is long gone, but what remains is how good it feels to have been loved and just to be home, safe and secure without a worry in the world. Ahhhhhhhh! These are the memories that I also want my children to enjoy.
In years to come, it will not matter if they were given a sweater or a scarf, what foods we ate and drank or how much it all cost. What will matter is the difference that we make in the lives of our children (the non-material differences!)
M.E.

No comments: